I’m Suzanne and welcome to my blog!
I believe everybody deserves to feel happy, energised, vibrant and full of life. I want to help people who are totally over feeling sick, tired, bloated, over-weight or out of shape (basically feeling blah) become the healthiest, happiest versions of themselves so they radiate a glow from the inside out.
Having struggled with Crohn’s Disease, IBS, SIBO and food intolerances myself for many years, I know the physical and emotional pain of feeling crappy. Bloating, digestive discomfort, muscle pains, fatigue… I’ve dealt with them all and have experienced first-hand the struggles and frustrations of trying to figure out a diet that works for me. (Read more about my story).
I believe that health and happiness are impacted by all areas of your life not just by diet and exercise alone and I want to give people the tools to choose what will nourish their body so they can get off the diet rollercoaster, have more energy, heal their guts and look and feel amazing, while sprinkling in a little happiness along the way.
I’m a certified Integrative Health Coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York and have a really keen interest in a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. Through my own wellness journey I’m especially interested gut healing, the paleo lifestyle, food intolerances and FODMAPs. (Find out more about my training and my health coaching practice.)
Oh, and in case you to know a little more about me…. when I’m not blogging and coaching I can be found:
- At a yoga or core class. I love to move my body and like to try new work outs too like dance, barre and my current obsession trampoline.
- In the kitchen making healthy meals.
- Eating! ‘Nuff said.
- Posting pictures on Instagram (if I haven’t eaten the food first!)…. I love that app! I was named one of the Top 10 Irish Healthy Foodies to Follow on Instagram by the Irish Independent (*blush*). Check out my feed on @ahealthyhappyglow
- Catching up with friends. I feel friends are the family we choose for ourselves. I have a core of besties here in Ireland who I meet for walks, brunch, lunches and dinners. I’m lucky to have friends across the globe too and love my looooooong phone chats with them.
- Being a tourist in my own town (Dublin, Ireland)…. Or being a tourist in some other town. While I really enjoy exploring what my city has to offer, there’s something about getting on a plane and discovering new places or revisiting old favourites. Some of my favourite destinations are California (anywhere… I love it all), Paris (the romance!) and London (So. Much. Happening).
- Listening to podcasts or reading books on health and happiness. I’m addicted to learning!
- Working in the film industry. I’ve been in the film industry for nearly nine years and I’ve been lucky enough to have attended the Cannes Film Festival (and walked a few red carpets…. Oh the glamour!). I’ve also had the chance to meet some of Hollywood’s finest including Tom Cruise (seriously, the man is charm and charisma personified!).
- Writing for other websites. I’m a contributor on Further Food and Tri-Nutrition.
Hope you enjoy the blog!