An Easy Daily Detox Which Will Leave Your Skin Glowing
Fast, effective with numerous benefits to get a healthy glow – what’s not to love about dry body brushing in the morning
The skin is the largest organ in the body and plays a HUGE role in daily detoxification. Detoxing (diets, juices, cleanses etc) seem to be in vogue these days but dry body brushing is a cheap and easy way you can help the body detox every day and get glowing skin to boot.
Benefits of dry brushing:
- It’s a good way to exfoliate the skin. It removes dead layers of skin and other outer impurities. It’s particularly good at sloughing away dry skin on knees and elbows which are usually havens for stubborn dry skin.
- Helps clear blocked pores allowing your skin to breathe and can help with ingrown hairs.
- Helps release fatty deposits under your skin’s surface while distributing fat deposits more evenly which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Improves skin texture promoting more glowing, smoother and tighter skin.
- Renews your cells, assists in the prevention of dry skin and helps prevent premature aging.
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation which helps eliminate metabolic waste that can build up in the tissues and lymph nodes via the lymphatic system.
- Massaging the lymph nodes can help the body shed excess water and toxins which can reduce bloating. It also aids in digestion and kidney function all of which can strengthen your immune system.
Step-by-step guide to dry body brushing
- First you’ll need a high-quality dry brush with bristles made from natural materials. I got mine years ago from The Body Shop.
- I brush first thing in the morning before my shower and it is totally incorporated into my daily routine now. I find it actually energises me in the morning which is another good benefit.
- When dry skin brushing, always brush toward your heart, which is best for circulation and your lymphatic system. Start at your feet and work your way in strokes up your legs to your arms, chest, back, and stomach. Avoid brushing your face, breasts, genitals, or any sensitive areas (irritations, sunburnt area, varicose veins, rashes, skin cancer, over enlarged lymph nodes etc) with your body brush.
- The pressure you apply while brushing your skin should be firm but not painful. It’s not a scrubber!!! Your skin should be light pink afterwards, not roaring red.
- You can brush for as long (or as little) as you’d like. Usually I’m done and dusted in about five minutes and I hop into the shower straight away ready to start my day with a healthy glow!!!