Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day 2015
When I was younger, Mother’s Day usually consisted of me making my Mum breakfast in bed. French toast, orange juice and a cup of tea was the menu of choice and the card was pretty much always home-made. I lost my Mum to cancer when I was 17 so I haven’t celebrated Mother’s Day in a long time. And while I’m not a mother myself yet, I do have a sister and friends who are great mums so I think it’s a lovely tradition to stop and appreciate the mothers and mother-figures out there doing a fantastic job.
With Mother’s Day here in Ireland next week (15th March), here’s my guide to gift ideas for Mum’s that want to get a healthy happy glow!
- Making green smoothies at home or while you travel has never been easier with the Nutribullet, which is no doubt the must-have healthy device of the year so far!
- But if you want to be ahead of the pack and get the next must-have healthy gadget then the spiralizer is a great choice. It’s fantastic for making noodles and spaghetti out of courgettes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, the list goes on….
- However, if you don’t have the counter top space for that one, there’s a smaller one to be had
- What about getting an organic veggie box delivered to the door every week to make the smoothies and spiralled veg? The Organic Supermarket is just one place offering such a service.
- And for recipe inspiration, The Art of Eating Well by Hemsley and Hemsley is full of beautiful food options written by the achingly stylish and beautiful sisters.
Happiness is a relaxing morning, lazing over a brunch…
- I love this t-shirt ‘Namast’ay in Bed’ from Etsy for lounging of a Sunday morning
- This Pai Age Confidence Oil has been getting great reviews and would be a wonderful gift to give. It delivers a supercharged dose of vitamins, omegas and essential nutrients and is 98% organic.
- A Mother’s Day breakfast in bed or brunch would be totally brightened up with a vase of fresh spring flowers
- No breakfast or brunch would be complete without tea and this teapot and cup from the Carolyn Donnelly collection in Dunnes Stores is perfect for the job.
- And for what to make for breakfast? These fresh mango coconut chia seed parfait and baked eggs look devine and are both gluten free and dairy free. Who said eating healthy had to be boring?
A good work-out is a great way to get your sweat on and skin glowing
- How gorgeous is this yoga mat from Anthropologie? Like a magic carpet!
- I love this Sweaty Betty work out top. ‘Get Your Om Back’ is perfect for a yoga session
- These Sweaty Betty leggings are a great alternative to the standard black leggings without going too mad (plus they go with the yoga mat – I’m a sucker for matchy matchy!)
- These Nike ‘Internationalist’ trainers are definitely on my own ‘wish list’.
- It seems every gym bunny has the fitbit these days where it tracks physical activity and sleep. Could be perfect gadget to help motivate daily activity!
So there you have it. If I was a mother, all these would totally be on my ‘wish list’. Have you got any other ideas to add? I’d love to hear.